Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lani Day

"It's way too early to be doing this, Jenna!" I said to myself this morning, as I cheerfully sprang out of bed to beat the sun! Last night around 1:00am I carefully made my breakfast, so it would be all ready to grab when I woke up. I wanted to see the sunrise! It was a glorious morning. I brought out my blanket, my Bible, and my breakfast, to the back porch of the mission. I ran for a little while, and then got to sit, relax, read, and eat. So much fun! After an hour of paradise I retreated back to my bed to finish up my nights rest. I then re-awoke at eleven for second breakfast. A splendid way to start the holiday!
Now incase you all were not aware of it, allow me to enlighten you. Today is Lani Day! It is a National Holiday observed most strictly by all upright citizens of the US - that is - me and my circle of friends.
To begin the celebrating we had a picnic in the orange grove. (Yes, Jessie, we did indeed have a picnic basket!) Swimming, back to my place, Beverly Hillbillys, over to the Homes for Tededae, Lani's house, then back to my place to eat Tacos, a nice evening stroll along the lake, and then we showed the movie Aladin followed by The Little Mermaid. Oh, what a day! Now my question for you: how did you celebrate Lani Day?

Buh-Bye!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Lani Day eh? Well, I uh... didn't celebrate! Whooops! :P Sounds like you had a lovely day though! Happy Lani Day:) (A day late ) :)

Mrs said...

Sounds like a beautiful holiday that completely leaves out consumerism. Nice!

Anonymous said...

What a joyous day you had!

Ready for story time with Jessie? Grab some tea, and get comfortable. Bring the family, if you'd like.
Here goes.

I practiced piano with the hard rain falling outside. Then, I sat by the window, listened to the rain, and wrote.
Onto the more unromantic part of the day.... (ahem)
I spent my evening at a college Bible study, and it was great! Unfortunately, we were forced to stay an extra two hours. Don't get me wrong, the people were some of the nicest I'd ever met. You see, we were parked in a fenced-in field. One of the girls tried to leave, but because of the rain her car got stuck in the mud...right in the middle of the exit - the only exit, I might add.

Too stuck to push. There was nothing we could do. We couldn't leave. Finally (two hours later), someone with a big truck showed up and towed the car out. When it was our turn to go through (very carefully, of course), we got stuck, too. Not so stuck, though, because we were successfully pushed out of the mud.

Although my day was not quite as beautiful as yours and more significantly mud-filled, it was wonderful!

Ryan said...

The most wonderful "Lani Day" just happened to be the day of the world rainstorm we have had here in a long time. I am sure I would have done more celebrating, but I spent most of my time after work fighting the endless wall of water to get home to my fam. We will definitely do more celebrating next year. And happy Lani Day to your friend Lani (I am sure it is a total coincidence, her name being Lani, just like the day :-))!

Hannah Joy said...

Oh sounds like a lovely day!

Riley and I celebrated today! Though we didn't know about Lani Day. We celebrated the fact that the air is finally humidity free (at least for the day). It was absolutely GOOOORGEOUS up here, a real strong breeze and sunshiney and shady all at once (if that makes sense) we went and played on the back deck for an hour... Well Riley played, I just had to work at keeping her ON her blanket and FROM eating the hammock and the dekc, and sticks on the deck and any thing else she found interesting.
But it was still nice. I am so jealous about the Little Mermaid I have been wanting to watch that so bad. Ah well. So glad you had a lovely day... I'm going to go out and lay on the hammock with the hubby since the baby is in bed. :0)