Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Storm

Are we blessed or what? Sarah calls it overwhelming, and I can find no other word to describe the feeling when we look back on our day and think of all the good. Considering that "every good and perfect gift is from the Father," it's just like WOW. No one has ever given me so many gifts in my life! He must like us very much!

This lovely storm is just one more example of how wonderfully beautiful the Lord is. Whoa, back-up a little, what storm? Tropical Storm Fay, of course! It has brought us so much joy! Last night was our storm party. It was so delightful! The most fun was actually before the party, while we were making all the food. Brownies, rice crispy treats, cookies, cup cakes... Yup, we make sure to embrace EVERY opportunity for a party! After the movie on the big screen in the chapel we made our way up the third floor. Then the rest of the evening was spent cleaning a single mans' apartment. Saying that it was a devastating mess would be a major understatement. But, by 1:30am it was sparkling clean! =)

Back to the storm... I started school on Monday, and it has just been splendid! But today was especially sensational! Fay has created the most perfect atmosphere, and very conducive to learning I must add. Today I did all my ugly work before lunch (geometry, grammar, biology...), so that I could spend the rest of the afternoon doing the fun stuff - reading! With the wind and the rain beating on my window, it sounded like God was playing music just for ME! I sat down with my popcorn and hot chocolate for the most perfect afternoon!

Back to the storm... this evening I was aroused from playing guitar by hearing my name shouted repeatedly through all the noise of the storm. I looked out my window to find a couple of drenched people from the building standing below my window beckoning me to come out. So, as duty called, I rounded up a couple more people to go outside and play in the rain with us. Singing, dancing, swinging, running, frolicking, sliding, skipping- thus the like of an MK. After awhile our faces and necks really started feeling the pain of the needle-like rain drops; so we went swimming. We were already wet anyway.

It’s all just so beautiful. Ahh. I just can't seem to get enough of the wind and the rain slapping my window. It's just little kisses from Daddy reminding us of His abundant love for each and every one of us.

A lovely storm indeed...

6 comments:

Megan Marie said...

Ohh Jenna I love you!
and I love reading your blog!
This storm has been amazing! Its the best kind of music there is! And God made it especially for us!!
I really wanted to play in it tonight...but there was no one to go with me...but it is midnight...sigh....and am pretty sure you guys don't want to go out now.....

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day you had. Mine proved to be very difficult, but I, too, felt that the rain was a gift sent specially to me. It's just easier to cry when you feel that all heaven is crying with you.

Jenna, I love how you grasp every moment! Never lose that. :)

Raquel said...

I totally agree! as long as there is no damage done, i love sitting in our hammock on our back porch listening to the rain and watching the wind rustle through the trees. a cup of you raspberry tea would make it perfect! but the best part is falling asleep to the sound of rain falling outside your window!

David said...

ugh i wish i couldve been there! =) it sounds so awesome!

Jenna Lyn said...

Amen to that, Rachel!

Hannah said...

wow jenna! Can I just say that your post was amazing! You are a very gifted writer and it was wonderful getting to read this post! I love how you describe the storm! Isn't God amazing, sending down the rain to water the earth and also for our enjoyment! Boy, but do we ever serve one AWESOME, Indescribable God eh?!