Thursday, August 14, 2008

Raspberry Tea

I really want it. I just can't do it. I made some raspberry tea. I made a lot and only drank a little; meaning that the rest is still in the kitchen. Well, now, I want more. The problem is that mother is sleeping in her room, leaving me no way to get to the kitchen, except to go out the house by way of the boys' room, through the stairwell, down the hall, and around the corner. This is a very excruciating trek to be made in the middle of the afternoon, thus I forfeit, and am left here dreaming of instead of drink up my delicious raspberry tea.

I am still trying to catch up on sleep after the girl’s night at Jessie's house. Pride and Prejudice is one of my all time favorites, and I was so excited to see it again! Thank God for Jessie's family opening up their house to us! It was a lovely evening. Complete with Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids. So I'm running slightly low on sleep, and I can't seem to make it up. The late night Olympics isn't helping much either. Also, this morning I had to wake up early to say good bye to Leah (Cha-Chi's older sister) as she begins her new life at Jackson.

I really do hate goodbyes. Two of my bestest friends left for NTBI last week, and now Leah has gone as well. Ugh. Everybody's growing up.

I'm so very tired. I hope there is still tea left by the time I am able to gather my strength. But how can I gather enough strength to get me to the kitchen, if I have nothing to replenish my fluids and rejuvenate me?

I'm a working woman now, you know. I need my strength. Just a short while ago I got back from first and second grade "Math Games" at the small New Tribes school. I'll be teaching six classes every week this year, and I am very excited!

I know Tyler is in the kitchen right now because he just called me. He was trying to get a hold of Karis, but accidentally dialed the wrong number. I hope he doesn't drink the rest of my tea. I can just see it now... He tilts the little white tea pot and into his daisy cup pours my raspberry flavored, slightly bitter, rose colored, lovable liquid. This must not happen! I must get in there. In vain I have struggled, it will not do, my feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to….

Ay, mother is awake now! I shall go drink my tea this very minute, goodbye!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm raspberry tea sounds wonderful! I actually just had raspberry cordial. Yes, the real thing. :)

Did you get my message? I always feel so ridiculous when I leave answering machine messages. =/

Oh, and why didn't you just ask Tyler to bring you some tea? You know he would have. ;)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing. You should have asked Tyler to bring you some :)

Ryan said...

Which "Pride and Prejudice"? I love them both... but each for slightly different reasons :-)

David said...

LOL! i love you jenna! that was the most fun ive had reading in a good while... or at least it cheered me up a bit. either way thanks. wow... your going to be teaching at lmca? thats awesome! =D I cant wait to see you when i get back.

Jenna Lyn said...

Alright, so maybe I should have asked Ty to bring me some tea, but come on, it was much more exciting that I toughed it out. And we watched the good ol’ five hour Pride and Prejudice, of course! It's a masterpiece, a classic! Yes, the new one is a good movie, an average chick flick, but the minute they called it "Pride and Prejudice," it completely ruined the movie. All the beauty was left out. The 5 hr. P&P was a literary masterpiece, it can never be recreated, yet still have the same feeling. Alright, I think I’ve said enough, thanks for the comments everybody!